12.18.2010

black bean soup.

i love black beans. this is not a secret. i love soup. also, not a secret. here's my black bean soup recipe.


ingredients:

1 bag goya dried black beans, pre-soaked, picked through, and rinsed
fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste (i used about 1/3 cup)
3 leaves fresh culantro, chopped
2 white onions, diced
6 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
black pepper, to taste
sea or kosher salt, to taste
water (about 3 cups)
white vinegar (1 capful)
hot sauce, to taste (optional)
crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
olive oil


PRE-SOAKING THE BEANS
put the beans in a plastic container. add about 1/2 cup of vinegar. fill the container w/ cold water. your beans will need to soak about 24 hours in your fridge (or, if your kitchen is FREEZING the way mine is, they can stay out). how will you know they're soft enough? the dark purple liquid that will run off of them when you rinse. also, the beans will be soft enough to squeeze ever so slightly.

instructions:

in your stock pot, add all spices (except vinegar and hot sauce), olive oil, garlic, and onions. heat on medium-high heat until onions are translucent.
add rinsed beans to pot.
add water, vinegar, and hot sauce.
bring soup to a full boil, stirring occasionally (to keep the beans from sticking to the bottom of the pot).
reduce heat.
simmer for approximately 3 hours or until the beans reach your desired tenderness.

you may also add to this soup: chicken broth, veggie stock, or beef broth instead of water. you may also include bacon. because bacon is fucking delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am an asshole who likes to harass people just because they try to be better in their lives and that makes me insecure as hell about myself and my life. So i just blame them for being jealous and spread lies about them and gossip about them like an old aunty. Oh, but i am so flawed too. I blackmail people as they make me feel insecure about my life and goals, so i even end up physically harassing them, sometimes even sexually. I am a lame pathetic person who blames others for my shitty personality. Lol
It's not as if i am so perfect. I am bisexual myself but i find faults in straight people just for being straight! Lol
Oh, i also call myself devout catholic but do lot of unchristian things like all the above too! Lol

Its easier finding faults with people than introspecting and being fine with myself, right? Lol i love harassing people. As if i am so perfect.

Lol
Bye

Joanita emilia dsouza
Senior asshole
Inmoment.com
Utah